Share Your Story
Why I Hike
Have you ever been asked, “Why do you hike?” Each year, millions of visitors are drawn to the Appalachian Trail (A.T.) and come away with memories, photos and stories to tell. The answer to Why I Hike lies in individual experiences, perhaps the accomplishment of a thru-hike or hours spent in nature to soothe the mind and restore the soul. Through the Why I Hike series, we want to hear your story of what hiking and recreating on the A.T. means to you. To be considered for this series, the below form must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EDT on July 30, 2021. Click here for terms and conditions.
This series is sponsored by our partner Hydro Flask! Through their Parks For All program, Hydro Flask supports nonprofit organizations focused on building, maintaining, and providing better access to the great outdoors. Hydro Flask has generously donated 12 oz Insulated Cooler Cups for the responses chosen to be part of the series.
Terms & Conditions:
- By submitting, you agree to our photo submission terms and conditions, granting the ATC nonexclusive, royalty-free rights for unlimited reproduction in ATC materials for an unlimited period of time. Photo credit will be provided if your image is published.
- To be considered for this series, a photo must be provided to go with your Why I Hike response. This can be a photo can be of yourself or a place on the A.T. that inspires you!
- The ATC reserves the right to edit Why I Hike responses, including for spelling/grammar, response length, and content.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (EST) Friday, July 30, 2021.
- The selected submission and corresponding photo will be published on the ATC website and shared on other communication channels (Trailway News, social media, etc.) in August 2021.