Photo Upload Policy
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) reserves the right to deny the publication of any photo on the ATC website, including the 2,000-miler page.
Any submitted photo must adhere to the following criteria:
- Does not include vulgar language, nudity, political statements, violence, prejudice, alcohol consumption, or other vulgar/inappropriate content.
- All individuals in the photo must have given their consent to its posting.
- No photos of minors will be posted without the consent of a parent or guardian.
- Does not violate the copyright, intellectual property, trademark, or patent held by another individual.
- Does not show unsafe activities such as standing close to cliff faces or in close proximity to wildlife.
- Does not violate Leave No Trace principles, including photos of:
- Large groups.
- Dispersed/stealth campsites in alpine zones, or people off established trails/camping areas.
- Wildlife at close range or the feeding of wildlife.
- Improperly handling natural or cultural objects.
- Large or improperly built/located campfires.
- Improperly stored food, trash, or other waste.
- Lack of consideration for others on the Trail.
By submitting your photo, you agree to the ATC’s terms and conditions for media use.