New York – APPA Water System Closures
WATER SYSTEM CLOSURES
The National Park Service, in consultation with the Appalachian Trail Conservancy and regional Trail Maintaining Clubs, has closed six wells* along the Appalachian Trail in New York and Connecticut.
After conducting an in-depth assessment, it was determined it would not be currently possible to maintain these wells to safe drinking water standards. Please plan to use alternative water sources in the area.
Wells at the New York sites listed below are now closed:
- Shenandoah Tenting Area, New York (NOBO 1430.6)
- RPH Shelter, New York (NOBO 1431.9)
- Morgan Stewart Shelter, New York (NOBO 1440.9)
- Wiley Shelter, New York (NOBO 1457.5)
* A previous version of this post stated that nine wells would be closed. We apologize for the error.Back