West Virginia – ATC Harpers Ferry Visitor Center Reopen
(5/26/2021) Guests will be welcomed to the Harpers Ferry Visitor Center with modified operations and COVID-19 safety protocols starting May 27
- The Visitor Center will be open Thursday-Monday from 9 a.m – 5 p.m. We will be closed Tuesday-Wednesday and on major holidays
- The Visitor Center restroom and water filling station will be available for all visitors.
- Most areas in the Visitor Center will be temporarily closed for renovations. We hope to have a timeline for reopening these sections in the near future.
- All guests are required to wear a CDC-approved face covering while inside the Visitor Center. Masks are not required while outside the center, though we encourage continued social distancing.
- An outdoor information table will also be staffed during normal business hours.
- A.T. halfway point photos will resume as normal. Please speak with a staff member or volunteer to arrange for your photo to be taken.
- A.T. hangtags are now available. Attempting A.T. thru-hikers and section hikers can receive an A.T. hangtag by participating in a short Leave No Trace Presentation.
- In-store purchases will not be available until further notice. ATC merchandise can be purchased directly at atctrailstore.org. Official ATC maps, guides, and other publications can be purchased through our partners at Mountaineers Books.
- Until further notice, we ask that all hiker mail drops be forwarded to the Harpers Ferry Post Office.
- Free one-hour parking is available behind the Visitor Center. Additional metered street parking is available nearby.
All local trails and access to the Appalachian Trail remain open. Visit the Harpers Ferry National Historical Park website for information about trails, exhibits, services, and parking within the park.Back