Position Title: Talent Acquisition Manager
Supervisor: Vice President of Administration
Status: Full Time, Exempt
The Talent Acquisition Manager reports to the Vice President of Administration and is responsible for the designing, developing and implementing our strategic recruiting programs focused on justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, develops and implements innovative outreach programs using JEDI best practice in support of ATC’s strategic initiatives.
- Research best practice for full life cycle recruitment programs, with a focus on JEDI.
- Creates comprehensive recruitment strategies including advertising plans, outreach, trainings and tracking in collaboration with the hiring manager.
- Creates and maintains candidate pools of qualified candidates through frequent contact and notifications of positions. Builds pipelines of qualified candidates.
- Participates in recruitment events and represents ATC within our communities and nationally.
- Fosters strong candidate relationships in person, via telephone, email, social media, etc. Utilizes new technologies as appropriate.
- Develops social media strategies to position ATC as an employer of choice.
- Tracks talent acquisition metrics and provides data and reports on a regular basis. Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of programs, makes adjustments as needed.
- Collaborates with hiring departments to create JEDI plans for recruitments as well as ongoing outreach programs. Provides guidance and acts as a subject matter expert.
- Provides training to hiring managers on strategies regarding JEDI, including inclusion advocacy.
- Reviews applications and screens for minimum requirements.
- Works with Human Resources Generalist to conduct onboarding of new hires
- Performs general recruiting and recruitment planning, as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate degree or combination of experience and education
- Expertise in current trends and practices for recruiting best practices focused on JEDI
- Broad understanding of recruiting principles and operations.
- Experience in planning, administering and executing recruiting programs.
- Three years’ experience in targeted recruitment required.
- Recruitment best practices;
- Research and analysis;
- Social media outreach practices on multiple platforms;
- Automated applicant tracking and human resource information systems
- Organization, synthesis and analysis of varied and complex information and challenges;
- Exercise of persuasion and influence in complex and sensitive situations within all levels of the organization to effect decisions and outcomes that align with best practices;
- Effective oral and written communication
- Exercise of good judgment in decision-making;
- Development of positive and collegial working relationships;
- Planning and organizing work and managing projects;
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting.
- Communicate to a variety of audiences;
- Work independently and as part of a team.
Please follow the link to ADP below. All files attached should be “[your last name]_[your first name]_[file name]”.
ATC Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) encourages collaboration, flexibility, and fairness with all employees and volunteers to enable participation and contributions to their fullest potential.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive organization, and recognize that diversity contributes to an effective and successful organizational culture and mission.
The ATC prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, political affiliation, union membership, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the locations where we operate.