Supervised and supported by Northeast Tennessee Regional Economic Partnership
Reports to the AppalachiaCARES AmeriCorps/Environmental Stewardship Coordinator
Funded by the Appalachian Trail Conservancy.
The I.D.E.A.S. Council of the Northeast Tennessee Outdoor Coalition wishes to hire a community leader to fill this part-time coordinator position, which will assist them with their program of work as funded by the Appalachian Trail Conservancy. The I.D.E.A.S. Council stands for inclusion, diversity, equity, access and safety. The purpose as identified to date for the I.D.E.A.S. Council is to reduce barriers to entry into outdoor recreation for people that self-identify as underrepresented and underserved in Northeast Tennessee. The I.D.E.A.S. Council mission and vision are still being defined and would benefit from leadership in this role. The person who fills this role would need to be able to work well with people from a myriad of
backgrounds and life experiences. Applicants must show a history of successful use of interpersonal skills. Diversity, equity and inclusion training is preferred, but can also be acquired while on the job. Send resumes or description of work experience to [email protected].
Pay: $2,500 stipend
Expectation: Part-Time Coordinator, no more than 12 hours a week
Timeline: May 3, 2021 through October 1, 2021
Deadline for resume: No later than 5 p.m. on Monday, April 19
Location: Northeast Tennessee
- Partner with underserved and underrepresented communities in Northeast Tennessee
- Organize and facilitate community based inquiry meetings and listening sessions
- Help provide DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) training to NETREP staff, partners
- Help build out a more representative marketing portfolio for the Meet the Mountains Festival and other marketing partners in Northeast Tennessee
- Design and implement more equitable programming for the next in-person Meet the Mountains Festival
- Coordinate partnerships with Appalachian Trail Conservancy, Meet the Mountains Festival and I.D.E.A.S. Council