Position Title: Data Analytics Manager
Location: Flexible along the Trail, but must be near major city and airport
Supervisor: Director of Development
Status: Full Time, Exempt
This position will report to the Director of Development and will support ATC’s fundraising efforts by helping to create and manage a moves management system. This position will also identify prospects, provide in-depth research on prospects, generate portfolios, design polished fundraising reports, oversee all major giving aspects of the ATC’s database and use sophisticated data analytics to help grow ATC’s base of support and create lifelong connections to the ATC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a moves management system.
- Generate portfolios and support to the frontline fundraising team.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, reporting systems, dashboards, and performance metrics to help guide decision making for the major giving program.
- Create and deliver polished fundraising and performance reports.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Conduct in-depth research and build a library of profiles on prospective donors.
- Identify and qualify prospective donors.
- Interpret data to help prioritize the work of the Development Team.
- Assist in some donor relations activities including but not limited to donor recognition, acknowledgements and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to the mission of the Appalachian Trail Conservancy.
- Interest in fundraising.
- Successful prospect management experience.
- Extensive experience with data management and CRMs.
- Confidant and strategic thinker.
- Proven ability to analyze data and make recommendations on strategic directions.
- Exceptionally polished written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of integrity, sensitivity and good judgment in working with donors and handling confidential information.
- Knowledge of charitable trends and fundraising campaign strategy.
- Computer savvy and able to learn new systems quickly.
- High level attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to communicate with individuals by phone, email and in person.
- Working on the phone, video or computer for prolonged periods.
- Flexible, but must be in or near a major city and airport on the East Coast between Georgia and Maine.
- Candidates must have a home or location with secure internet access from which to work.
Please follow the link to ADP below. All files attached should be “[your last name]_[your first name]_[file name]”.
ATC Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) encourages collaboration, flexibility, and fairness with all employees and volunteers to enable participation and contributions to their fullest potential.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive organization, and recognize that diversity contributes to an effective and successful organizational culture and mission.
The ATC prohibits discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and/or expression), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, political affiliation, union membership, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the locations where we operate.