Visitor Center and Office Manager
Jan 9, 2017, 11:46 AM
Boiling Springs, PA
MARO Regional Director
Under the general supervision of the Mid-Atlantic Regional Director, the Senior Office Manager provides general office support, assists with implementation of Trail-management programs, and provides information and assistance to visitors. Incumbent will be a self-starter and must be able to work independently in a busy office atmosphere. The Senior Office Manager is responsible for providing administrative support to the staff of ATC’s Mid-Atlantic Region and overseeing all aspects of the visitor center operation, including a small retail operation.
- Processes documents such as routine correspondence and technical reports; administers databases, generates and updates spreadsheets and charts; formats and finishes draft documents prepared by ATC staff members for distribution to trail-management partners and the public; designs and produces graphical presentation of information; prepares and distributes regional partnership committee and other correspondence. Implements and maintains regional office filing system for electronic and paper documents.
- Collects and posts daily mail; assists with preparation of various mailings generated by regional staff; updates regional contacts; processes event requests.
- Maintains and reconciles regional office checking account, prepares and tracks status of MARO open purchase orders in accordance with ATC accounting procedures; processes incoming bills and invoices for payment, and oversees office petty cash.
- Answers telephones, responds to inquiries, and directs calls to appropriate staff members as necessary; returns calls in the event of a staff member’s long-term absence; serves as initial contact and communications communicator for incident management. Maintains office inventory of publications and supplies for distribution to visitors.
- Issues long term parking permits and processes requests for special use permits for weddings at the lakeside gazebo; manages tracking system and procures inventory of Best Locks and keys.
- Works with ATC System Administrator to troubleshoot any IT issues in the MARO region.
- Assists, as requested, Director of Mid-Atlantic Region, other staff to apply technology that improves the efficacy of MARO operations.
- Administers the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of MARO regional office.
- Coordinate logistics for bi-annual Regional Partnership Committee meetings.
- Coordinate National Trails Day and Family Hiking Day events in Boiling Springs, Serve as ATC primary contact for Boiling Springs A.T. Community.
- Prepare and distribute monthly MARO newsletter, soliciting content on programs projects from MARO colleagues
- Recruits, assists with hiring, trains, and supervises seasonal visitor services assistant during the busy season.
- Recruits and supervises office volunteers and/or interns to assist with administrative tasks, including recruitment, training, scheduling and oversight of visitor center volunteers covering weekends during the busy season
- Responds to requests for information from visitors.
- Oversees operations of ATC’s Mid-Atlantic Visitor Center including, but not limited to, providing current accurate information to visitors, keeping display racks filled and attractively presented, creating informative and relevant displays and materials.
- Manages and operates the MARO sales and ATC memberships operation including managing the cash register & inventory; conducting daily reporting of cash register and credit card sales for the Accounting Department; inventory reporting from cash register and Navision; and, creating/verifying membership records in PIDI and generating membership letters, membership ID cards and membership packets.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in Liberal Arts, Communication, Outdoor Recreation
- 3-5 years related experience.
- Energetic self-starter; comfortable working independently, taking on and managing multiple tasks while cultivating cooperation and good communications.
- Able to identify opportunities for growth and partnership and respond positively to challenges with a consensus building, solution-oriented approach.
- Capable of working collaboratively with staff and partners.
- Has skills and successful experience working with people from a wide variety of ages, social and educational backgrounds.
- Requires a high level of demonstrated professionalism in communications, especially verbal, with the public; Ability to inspire cooperation among individuals, private groups, local, state and federal agencies.
- Ability to organize, track and follow through to successful completion and report the details of several programs at once.
- Requires exceptional facility with a variety of computer applications and knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment.
- Requires the ability to conduct research, apply knowledge, and discern when important information is lacking.
- Requires editorial and proofreading skills.
- Grant writing experience
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups by phone, email, written correspondence and in person.
- Working on the computer or telephone for prolonged periods.
- At times, may require the ability to lift or move light to moderate weight.
- Moderate noise level to office visitor center environment with a high level of activity on the phone, computers, and printers as well as (currently) 11,000 annual visitors.
- Some travel, evening and weekend work may be required.
Submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Job Title should be included in the Subject line.
ATC Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
ATC encourages collaboration, flexibility, and fairness with all employees and volunteers
to enable participation and contributions to their fullest potential. We are committed to
being a diverse and inclusive organization, and recognize that diversity contributes to an
effective and successful organizational culture and mission. The ATC prohibits discrimination
in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity
and/or expression), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, genetic
information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military
service, political affiliation, union membership, or any other status protected by the laws and
regulations in the locations where we operate.
Position Type :
Careers - Full Time