Jun 10, 2019, 09:24 AM
Harpers Ferry, WV
Finance and Administration
Vice President of Finance and Administration
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Finance and Administration, the Staff Account is responsible for reconciliation of bank and general ledger accounts, timely processing and monthly closing of cash, payroll, accounts payable and account receivable as well as assisting in budget preparation. These responsibilities include but are not limited to, performing batch uploads to the Accounting system, journal entries as needed and reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts. Assisting with the month and year-end closing process and the preparation of financial reports.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of various bank and investment accounts.Prepare and post necessary journal entries for approval to adjust the general ledger to actual
- Timely prepare and file all required sales taxes returns
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts monthly.Prepare detailed journal entries with complete detailed explanations to adjust the general ledger as necessary
- Review general ledger transactions for accuracy, proper account classification based on the chart of accounts and budget classification guidelines
- Assist in completing the month and year end close and preparation of the financial statements.
- Prepare monthly budget Vs: Actual Variance analysis
- Utilize cash management system on a daily basis and prepare appropriate reporting tool(s)
- Approve weekly/monthly ACH payments
- Prepare In-kind, stock, bequest & pledge journal entries
- Reconcile various accounts for month end/year end close (Prepaid Insurance, Prepaid Postage, Prepaid Expenses) and prepare necessary journal entries
- Assist in the preparation of reports tracking NPS Task Agreements.Work with field staff to make corrections/adjustments where needed
- Supervise/maintain the filing system required for supporting documentation of various Task Agreements and Grants
- Supervise the collection of timesheets required for the supporting documentation to support the payroll process
- Investigate and resolve questions and issues regarding accounts payable.
- Train[DM1] the AR Coordinator to prepare and assist with monthly reconciliation of all Regional Office impressed bank accounts.
- Ensure state registrations are processed and accurate via third party vendor.
- Send bequest contribution checks to Brown Advisory and prepare associated journal entry
- Prepare & submit various state license tag applications
- Reconcile ATC’s credit card accounts.Ensure that all proper documentation to support charges are accounted for and follow-up with staff where necessary.
- Prepare various PBC schedules for annual audit/prep
- Other duties as assigned
- Four year degree in Accounting or Finance
- Preferred 2-3 years of auditing, accounting firm or equivalent accounting experience.Incumbent must have proficiency in computerized accounting systems (preferably NetSuite) and the complete suite of Microsoft Office 365.
ATC Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
ATC encourages collaboration, flexibility, and fairness with all employees and volunteers
to enable participation and contributions to their fullest potential. We are committed to
being a diverse and inclusive organization, and recognize that diversity contributes to an
effective and successful organizational culture and mission. The ATC prohibits discrimination
in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity
and/or expression), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, genetic
information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military
service, political affiliation, union membership, or any other status protected by the laws and
regulations in the locations where we operate.
Position Type :
Careers - Full Time