Social Media Manager
Oct 24, 2019, 15:36 PM
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia / Remote
Vice President of Advancement
Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement, the Social Media Manager encourages dialogue, builds community, and rallies support for the Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s mission and vision through the organization’s social media channels. The Social Media Manager is responsible for cultivating and growing ATC’s presence on various social media platforms, developing strategies for digital/social media campaigns, and enhancing ATC’s brand online. Responsibilities include formulating and implementing social media content strategies, managing content creators, engaging with followers, moderating or responding to follower comments and inquiries, enforcing community guidelines, and compiling and reporting social media analytics. The Social Media Manager also monitors trends and performance of social media content with the goal of keeping ATC’s online presence current and relevant. They also maintain alignment with other communications channels including appalachiantrail.org, AT Journeys magazine, and ATC’s email and print communications with the goal of creating a holistic, cross-platform user experience.
The Social Media Manager must thrive in a collaborative environment. They will work closely with ATC staff (including Communications, Conservation, and Development) and ATC’s members, volunteers, donors, and partners to formulate digital strategies and create social media content. This position also works closely with the Communications Manager and Web & Graphic Design Manager to create alignment across all communication channels.
- Develops, publishes and manages content for ATC’s social media platforms; plans and executes content strategies.
- Ensures the consistency of ATC’s content and brand presence across social media platforms.
- Manages the planning, editing, and publishing of social media editorial content calendars.
- Monitors, listens, and responds to comments and inquiries while adhering to ATC communications guidelines.
- Monitors analytics to optimize content performance.
- Supports the development of paid placement on social media; facilitates the execution of paid social media campaigns and develops reports to show effectiveness or opportunites for improvement.
- Develops and maintains social media guidelines and best practices.
- Develops and shares social media reports for VP of Advancement, President/CEO and ATC Board.
- Works with vendors/other parties to execute projects/deliverables.
- Collaborate with content creators on social media content, including photography, video, and written text.
- Monitor social media trends to keep ATC communications current and relevant.
- Bachelor degree required.
- Passion and interest in the Trail and its management, preservation and protection.
- Self-starter but thrives in a collaborate environment.
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships
- Experience organizing and coordinating multiple projects
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading
- Expertise in social media community management for non-profit organizations.
- Expertise and deep interest in social media platform updates, best practices and consumer behavior in a social and digital media environment
- Expertise in social media copywriting
- Background in creative development, social media analytics tools, and campaign analysis.
- Experience developing media plans and executing paid social campaigns
- Experience implementing and measuring communication and engagement plans/strategies
- Familiarity with communication technologies and best practices
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
ATC Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
ATC encourages collaboration, flexibility, and fairness with all employees and volunteers
to enable participation and contributions to their fullest potential. We are committed to
being a diverse and inclusive organization, and recognize that diversity contributes to an
effective and successful organizational culture and mission. The ATC prohibits discrimination
in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity
and/or expression), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, disability, genetic
information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military
service, political affiliation, union membership, or any other status protected by the laws and
regulations in the locations where we operate.
Position Type :
Careers - Full Time