IT Project Manager
Harpers Ferry, WV
Finance & Administration
Senior Director of Finance & Administration
The Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s mission is to preserve and manage the Appalachian Trail – ensuring that its vast natural beauty and priceless cultural heritage can be shared and enjoyed today, tomorrow, and for centuries to come.
The ideal candidate will have experience in requirements definition, management of small to medium sized IT projects and system administration experience in financial and distribution systems, as well as CRM systems. The IT Project Manager will ultimately assume responsibility for all IT functions at ATC, working with vendors and providers to provide the best possible technology for ATC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The IT Project Manager will Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- The IT PM ensures that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- The IT PM defines business requirements, documents specifications and develops timeliness for deliverables.
- The IT PM will serve as the technical liaison between various departments, a number of system vendors/providers and the staff to update the NetSuite environment and create integration between selected systems.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- To ensure a quality product is delivered that meets the business requirements, the IT PM will assist in the development test plans and test cases as well as conduct some testing.
- To ensure that the staff is prepared for use of the new functions, the IT PM will ensure the development and delivery of training materials to staff either locally or via video and audio conferencing.
- Possibility of some travel.
- Using basic research, analytical and problem solving skills, the IT PM will assist in identifying and resolving user needs, business issues and requirements on a regular basis.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation
- 3.5 years system development experience
- 1-2 years of application software administration experience
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Understand data models and the relationship between data and processes – NetSuite experience a bonus but not required. ATC will provide adequate training
- Experience gathering requirements, conducting business analysis and writing business specifications required
- Ability to function under deadlines with minimal supervision
- Be able to interact across multiple levels of the business
- Ability to develop project plans and ensure the meeting of deadlines by team members and outside firms.
- Effective time management to meet deadlines.
EXPLORE MORE POSITIONS